Doctor Who- The 13th Time Lord


And there we have it! It's been a long time coming and the whole country was held in suspense...just who will be the 13th Doctor?

This afternoon (16th July), it was announced on BBC One that the 13th Doctor will be Jodie Whittaker, or you may know her better for her groundbreaking performance as Beth Latimer in drama, Broadchurch. Whittaker will be taking over the role from current Doctor, Peter Capaldi.


This has come as a huge shock for me and I am personally over the moon. Over the last couple of years I have sadly lost my interest in Doctor Who for a variety for reasons. However, I'm ready to welcome the Doctor and her TARDIS into my front room, and I couldn't be more thrilled.

Making history as the first female Doctor, I'm confident Whittaker will do this iconic role justice. Her performances in previous works have been outstanding and I'm keen to find out just how she approaches this.

Are you happy with this result? If not, who would you have preferred?

Written by Sophie Williams
Twitter: @sophie_jw26

Comments